What is DIR-3-KYC ?
DIR-3 KYC is the new E-form to be filed by the directors of a company with MCA for updating their KYC details. As per Rule 12A of the Companies (Appointment and Qualification of Directors) Rules, 2014, every individual who is alloted Director’s Identification Number (DIN) as on 31st March of a financial year should submit the form DIR-3 KYC before 30th of April next year. This Rule is effective from 10th July 2018 and have to be mandaatorily followed by all the individuals with DIN.
Last date for filing DIR-3 KYC for directors who was alloted DIN till 31st March 2018 is 31st August 2018. If the form is filed, the status of the DIN will be marked as “Deactivated” . Further, there is also a penalty of Rs.5,000/- for non filing of DIR-3 KYC within the prescribed time limit.
The form should be filed by every Director using his/her own DSC and should be duly certified by a practising professional.
The Documents required for filing the form are :
- Self attested copies of :
- PAN Card.
- Adhaar Card with mobile number registered with UIDAI
- Utility bills or Bank statement (latest 2 months) with the present address.
- Passport (for foreign nationals)
- Latest passport size photo.
- Digital signature of the directors.
- The Form should be certified by a practising professional (CA/CS/CMA).