- Initial registration of CPC is valid only for 3 years. At the expiry of 3 years , a student need to revalidate his registration. Each such revalidation will be valid of 3 years.
- Fess for revalidation : ₹300/- . A student who has not revalidated his registration after the expiry of 3 years from initial registration cannot apply for examination (Common Proficiency Test)
- With a view to create awareness, it has been decided that no revalidation fees shall becharged till 31st December, 2013. Accordingly, CPT students who have registered on or before 31st December, 2010 are advised to apply for revalidation without paying any revalidation fee, till 31st December, 2013, so as to be eligible to appear in June, 2014 examinations onwards for 3 years from the date of revalidation.
Intermediate (Integrated Professional Competence) Course
- Initial registration to Intermediate course will be valid for 4 years. For students who have converted to IPCC/ IPC scheme from earlier schemes of PE II and PCC , the period of validity will be counted from the dated of conversion to IPCC/ IPC .
- Each revalidation will be valid for next 4 years and the fee for revalidation is ₹400/-
- Students whose registration has expired (4 years from registration) and has not revalidated their registration would not be allowed to apply for examination.
- Initial registration will be valid for 5 years. Each further revalidation will be valid for next 5 years and the fees for revalidation is ₹500/-
- Students, who have registered for the Final Course on or before 31st December, 2008 (including shifted students of Final (Old) Course to Final (New) Course) are required to revalidate their Final Course registration. Such students are advised to apply for revalidation before 31st December, 2013 without paying revalidation fee. In case any student fails to apply for revalidation by 31st December, 2013 he/ she then shall have to pay the prescribed revalidation fee, as stated above, after 1st January, 2014 for revalidating the registration.
- Only the students having a valid registration can apply for examinations.
How to apply for revalidation
The request for revalidation shall be made in the below given format indicating the name of the Course (CPT/PCC/Intermediate (IPC) Course/Final), Registration Number, Date of Registration, Date of Expiry of Registration and duly signed by the registrant together with the prescribed fee, if applicable, by way of Demand Draft in fovour of “The Secretary, The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, payable at Mumbai/ Chennai/ Kolkata/ Kanpur/ New Delhi as the case may be and sent to the concerned Decentralized office from where registration was done.